We support labeling genetically modified food, so you can make informed choices with a conscience for both health and the environment. Labeling is also important, because it allows you to report allergic or other adverse reactions to regulators.
- Grocery Retailers Rule Out Sale of Genetically Engineered Salmon
Genetically engineered salmon could soon be on its way to your local grocery store – but you won’t find it at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s or Aldi. These grocers are among the first to pledge not to sell the genetically modified fish if it is approved by the FDA for market. Several smaller chains, including Continue Reading
- Will you take action for GMO labeling?
Got a minute to make a few calls for a good cause this weekend? As part of the Yes on 37 campaign, we’re helping spread the word on behalf of our California coalition partners who are looking for volunteers to get out the vote on Prop 37 before Election Day. Prop 37 would require foods Continue Reading
- Lies, big money and criminal investigations
Lies, big money and criminal investigations. Sounds like the makings of a cable TV melodrama, not the fight over a voter ballot initiative. But the U.S. Department of Justice is now actively pursuing an investigation of a complaint that California’s No on 37 Campaign has made illegal use of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Continue Reading
- Consumers Union Supports Prop 37
Californians Have A Right to Know What’s in Their Food You’ve probably seen the ads on TV. Monsanto, DuPont and other business interests are spending $1 million a day to mislead Californians about Proposition 37, which would require labeling of genetically engineered foods (also known as genetically modified organisms or GMOs). Consumers Union, along with a host of Continue Reading
- Will California label GE fish?
With the FDA poised to approve genetically engineered (GE) salmon, California legislators are taking preemptive action to protect consumers from being blindsided when it hits the market. The FDA has indicated that if the new GE salmon is approved, they do not plan to require labeling. A bill currently making its way through the California Continue Reading
- CU talks GMOs on Dr. Oz TODAY
Tune in today as Dr. Oz tackles the issue of genetically modified foods, featuring CU Senior Scientist Michael Hansen as one of the guest experts on the topic.
- Fish fight
CU experts went to bat against GE salmon at this week’s FDA hearing, and during the media frenzy afterwards. _________________________________________
- What’s the big deal about genetically engineered salmon?
The debate heats up over GE salmon this weekend as the FDA kicks off a three-day hearing which may result in the approval and marketing of a genetically engineered animal for the first time.
- Good Grief! Could it be true? UPDATED
The Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FCLDF), a group primarily devoted to preserving the right to sell raw milk, has mounted a vociferous internet campaign to defeat HR 2749, the Food Safety Enhancement Act (FSEA), alleging that the bill will hurt small farms. The bill was recently received unanimous approval from the House Energy Continue Reading
- Whats next for rbGH Labeling in Kansas???
After Kansas Governor’s veto of a bad labeling bill will the legislature override?
- Genetically engineered food: Put a label on it? Source: Star Tribune (Saturday October 27, 2012)
- Why California's Prop 37 should matter to anyone who cares about food Source: New York Times (Wednesday October 10, 2012)
- G.M.O.'s: Let's Label 'Em Source: New York Times (Saturday September 15, 2012)
- Battle over genetically engineered food heading to voters Source: LA Times (Thursday July 19, 2012)
- Californian GMO labeling: What would it mean for food companies? Source: FoodNavigator-USA (Monday May 7, 2012)
- California GMO Labeling Initiative Headed for Ballot: Right to Know Campaign Turns in Nearly One Million Signatures Source: Yahoo! News (Wednesday May 2, 2012)
- Kashi GMO Use Creates Controversy, Backlash On Facebook And Twitter Source: The Huffington Post (Friday April 27, 2012)
- GMO label bill passes Source: The Vermont Cynic (Wednesday April 25, 2012)
- Monsanto Threatens to Sue Vermont If GMO Labeling Bill Passes Source: Care2 (Tuesday April 10, 2012)
- The Food Revolution: We Can Do This Source: Prevention (Thursday March 22, 2012)