- CU praises House effort on consumer safety
Applauds House action to ensure that products, especially those made for children, are safer.
- CU calls for action on issues of import safety
CU calls on Congress and the President to strengthen the agencies responsible for product and food safety.
- CU proposal: Protect consumers from imports
Plan to restore consumer confidence in the marketplace
- Food safety system needs drastic overhaul
Due to beef recall, CU calls for single agency, mandatory recall authority to ensure safety of food
- CU Praises House Committee for Safety Measures
CU commends bi-partisan leadership today in approving four important consumer protection measures.
- CU calls for stronger FDA to protect food imports
Food and Drug Import Safety Act would fix lax oversight (September 26, 2007)
- Elements missing in industry food safety proposal
The Grocery Manufacturers Association proposal fails to endorse needed key food safety reforms
- CU testimony on toy safety in the Senate
CU calls for more funding and tools for the CPSC to ensure the safety of toys and other products
- China action on lead paint in toys long overdue
According to CU, China’s agreement with the U.S. to eliminate the use of lead paint on toys is long overdue.
- CU’s response to import safety report
The report presents almost no concrete ideas about how to deal with the tidal wave of hazardous food and toy imports