- CU refutes meat industry claims about antibiotics campaign
Consumers Union this week fired back to a letter sent by meat producers to several members of Congress that called into question the accuracy of many facts laid out in our Meat On Drugs report regarding the industry’s use of antibiotics in livestock production. Released in June, ‘Meat On Drugs’ calls on meat producers to Continue Reading
- Cracking down on food safety criminals
Stewart Parnell, better known as the former president of the Peanut Corporation of America who knowingly shipped Salmonella-tainted peanut products around the country, is back in the business again.
- U.S. panel OKs Smithfield sale to Chinese firm Source: USA Today (Friday September 6, 2013)
- How to Force Ethics on the Food Industry Source: New York Times (Saturday March 16, 2013)
- Pink Slime Maker Sues ABC News For $1.2 Billion: Lawsuit Accuses Network Of Defamation Source: Huffington Post (Thursday September 13, 2012)
- Has 'organic' been oversized? Source: New York Times (Saturday July 7, 2012)