- CU calls for phase out of pesticide, Diazinon
Children’s exposure is a major concern with Diazinon
- CU report: Pesticide residues still too high in children’s foods
Chlorpyrifos among pesticides causing excessive residues – EPA needs to act
- CU praises EPA decision on Chlorpyrifos
CU applauded the EPA’s decision to eliminate virtually all uses of the pesticide chlorpyrifos that lead to exposures for children
- Consumers Union Praises Report on Food Safety
With an estimated 9,000 deaths and 81 million illnesses attributable to unsafe food in the United States each year, it is clear that current food safety policy needs immediate attention.
- Sen. Harkin Lauds Consumers Union for Endorsing His Food Safety Legislation
The power to recall tainted meat and poultry and to seek civil fines is essential.
- Consumer Reports Finds 71 Percent of Store-Bought Chicken Contains Harmful Bacteria
Tougher chicken regulations sought